Sunday, September 1, 2019

Feedback Thoughts

The articles I felt were the most applicable to me were A Simple 5-Second Habit to Rewire Your Harshly Self-Critical Brain, and A fixed mindset that could be holding you back- here is how to change it. I chose both of these articles because I felt they had the greatest impact on me. I often have found myself being self critical to the point that it was a detriment to me. I would worry and be super anxious about the work I had to turn it or that I was not performing well enough. I would stress to the point that I would want to just give up on the homework entirely. This article brought to light that when you reach setbacks to treat them as little events that happen along the journey. I would always view it as the end of the world. This article speaks to stepping back and looking at the entirety of it instead of focusing on any one part. It also talks about self praise. It is necessary to congratulate oneself when one makes small advances. This article speaks a lot to setbacks and how not let them hold you back, but it also speaks unto the payoff at the end and how moving forward regardless of what happens leaves one feeling more confident and joyful.
The second article I read really helps me get in the mindset that is conducive for growth. The term used in the article is growth mindset. The article helped open my eyes to what someone is actually capable of. You are always able to grow and improve in life, and you shouldn't get into this fixed mindset that is held by man. This kind of mindset is detrimental because it is a self defeating mindset that inhibits you from growing. It makes you question your abilities and decide you can't do this or that. Growth happens through adversity and overcoming things that hold you back. To me I have always understood that greatness happens through facing adversity and overcoming it. I believe this articles topic of the growth mindset to be central to being productive in life.
Image result for hardwork 

No comments:

Post a Comment