Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Week 2 Reading Overview

I will be reading the PDE Ramayana version of the text. I chose this version because of its accessibility and how easy it will be to get through it! It also has comments that will help me get a better understanding of the text. There are several different comics that I saw that caught my eye and peaked my interest. I chose Krishna and Rukmini: A Love That Will Not Be Denied, and Vali: The Downfall of an Arrogant King. I chose these two comics because they seem to have thrilling stories. The first story interested me because of how it was a battle over a woman, the second interested me because it was a battle between Sugriva and Vali. I am not really that familiar with the characters but the stories sound interesting. The two videos I selected are Kali Through Many Eyes, and Stages of Life. I chose the first video because of the scary description of Kali and the second because it peaked my interest on stages that one lives. Overall I am looking forward to reading and watching so many things in this section. I feel I will learn a lot about not only the stories but the culture of the people behind them!

Image result for Kali

No comments:

Post a Comment