Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Week 8 Reading and Writing


Looking Back
I have to say that the reading and writing assignments are working out great for me. I had a bit of a learning curve at the beginning but got over it quickly. It does seem now to take me longer to think about which story I want to take notes on focusing on how I will incorporate it into my final story. As the class has gone on I would say it takes me longer to choose and the stories take longer to write. I think this is because I am focusing really hard at writing a better story than the last one. I am happy with how my blog and website project are looking. I have never been big into blogging before but after doing it for a bit I have to say it is really nice. The project is coming along smoothly at the moment. I am just finishing writing my first story because I want it to look really good and read smoothly. So far my story is progressing along I have just been picky of everything that touches the page. I think working on the story posts has helped me in preparing me through story writing. Each week I think my story posts get better or more creative. I have tried to get away from retelling and look at a different angle from which to write. This also comes from reading so many other peoples stories who seem to be leagues ahead of my own in creativity and imagination. I would say that my favorite reading so far was probably of the Mahabharata because of the heroes in it. Ramayana was also nice but with Ramayana I felt kind of tied down to just Rama, who event though was awesome seemed a little too godly to be able to connect with. In the Mahabharata the characters are a bit more relatable and I like their stories a bit more. I wouldn’t say the reading notes are incredibly helpful only because I feel as though they bind me to a certain way of writing. I want to be more creative and when I get bombarded with notes I took I feel as though I have to incorporate them into the story which kind of takes away from a different spin I can give the story. I think they are helpful if you can’t remember a story a specific story or want to do a retelling but anything more original it seems to hurt you a bit. I have discovered that I should read a story completely formulate what seems to be most central to the stories theme and characters then  write notes on that. This way I can think of an idea about the story I will write without being held back by what is in the original story.

Image result for Agni 
I chose this image of the fire god Agni because it looks really cool and I thought he was really interesting.
Looking Forward
I want to actually complete both the reading sections and note sections together so that I can get a clear picture of the story or stories and be able to make a really good story out of both sections. Lately I have been writing a story with sprinkled in bits from both sections. I want to link both reading sections through a strong story that includes a lot from both the sections.

No comments:

Post a Comment